about






"Writer Katherine Woodfine runs this delightful blog about arts, literature and culture around Manchester and London (as she flits between the two)..." Creative Tourist

Follow the Yellow Brick Road is an award-winning blog about art, books and other good stuff in London and sometimes also in Manchester. There may also be the *occasional* mention of red shoes.  

Follow the Yellow Brick Road
 started back in 2008, when it won Best New Blog at the Manchester Blog Awards in 2008. It was also in the running for Best Arts and Culture Blog in 2009, and more recently, it has been a regular fixture on Creative Tourist's list of Top 25 UK Arts and Culture blogs.

More about me

By day I work for Booktrust, where I'm a web editor responsible for all the lovely children and teenage book content on the Booktrust website, and I also look after the Children's Laureate programme, working with amazing children's authors and illustrators such as Julia Donaldson and Anthony Browne. In my spare time I love to write.

I write both fiction and creative non-fiction, most recently published in the anthology Mostly Truthful from Flax books. In 2005 I was highly commended in Vogue magazine's talent contest for the best young writers. I'm currently working on a children's fiction project. 

Read some of my creative writing here:
I have also written about art and books for other websites including BookmunchCreative TouristTransmission and A-N.

When I'm not writing, I love going to exhibitions, collecting and reading children's books, riding around London on my bicycle, shopping for shoes, baking (and eating) cakes, exploring new places, playing the piano and the ukelele very badly, and attempting to swing dance. Read about a few more of my favourite things here.

You can also follow me on tumblr, on twitter or on pinterest.

0 comments: