some things I did at the weekend











... went shopping for misty's birthday present - we bought her a bird necklace, a "make your own monster" and a goats cheese (like you do), plus a beautiful moomin bag to put it all inside

... ate a tasty prawn bun at the vietnamese restaurant round the corner (it's a noodle dish, not an actual bun made of prawns, or anything weird like that, in case you're wondering)

...watched the rain from the balcony

...drank coffee, ate bagels

...meandered down Brick Lane for people-watching, window-shopping, bicycle-spotting...

...went to John Lewis to buy luscious Rowan wool for a secret knitting extravaganza

... wandered across the river to Tate Modern to see the Street and Studio exhibition (I liked Wolfgang Tillman's tube photos and the entertaining yet slightly disturbing two channel video installation by Rineke Dijkstra) - and as always, to covet all the lovely books in the bookshop

...misty's surprise birthday party at Mildred's in Soho. I ate baba ganoush, a vegan burrito and vegan tarte tatin (nice but not a fan of the tofu ice cream I'm afraid). I am quite tempted to post a really amusing photograph of me eating the tarte tatin but I'm not sure I'm ready to share my pudding-appreciation grimace with the world just yet.

... read "Perdido Street Station" by China Mieville

... treated myself to a most beautiful ruby slipper necklace - hurrah!

... went to the Publish and be Damned DIY book fair at The Rochelle School and checked out inspiring things from fuselit, strange attractor, 20x20 magazine, the arts pneumonia, impulsive random platform and the archive of shredded catalogues, amongst many others

... took photos of things that caught my eye
























0 comments: