the beginning

follow the yellow brick road is named after a kind of diary I had when I was little, which brought together writing, drawing and all kinds of different things I made. It was mainly stories and poems (my personal favourite is entitled "greenfly" - "i am a greenfly/I live on a rose/I eat all the little bugs/And I am as happy as a greenfly") but also collections of stickers or pressed leaves, drawings of animals, slightly strange "fashion illustrations" and all manner of other things. I kept it all together in a big blue and red ring-binder with the title 'The Yellow Brick Road' on the front in peeling Lettraset.

I would like to think this space can be something similar - a place for writing, but also a collage of ideas, thoughts, images, general amblings and meanderings. I'm just going to see where it leads...

0 comments: